Pork chops have been relatively inexpensive to purchase at the grocery store, so I know, if I’m buying them, you are too.
You can get super tired of the same, old pork chops. Can’t you?
I have been compiling a great collection of recipes for you all to try out with these handy, quick-cooking chops that are often the fastest thing to defrost, if you forgot to take something out earlier for dinner.
Rhubarb is tangy, and by using the rhubarb preserves, you are bringing in a sweet element that’s delectably perfect paired up with spicy, hot horseradish. Mellow it out with some olive oil and add some simple spices, and you’re golden with a perfect marinade that imparted some beautiful flavor!
Although this marinade is for pork chops, in this instance, it would be marvelous for different vegetarian dishes as well.
Type: Marinade Recipe
Marinate: pork chops, other meats or some veggies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinating Time: 3 hrs – overnight
Yield: 2-3 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 tbsp rhubarb preserves
- 1 1/2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine, beer or lukewarm tea
- 2-3 pork chops – or other meat, or veggies
- In a shallow-bottomed dish, combine all ingredients and stir to combine evenly.
- Marinate pork chops, or other meat, between 3 hrs to overnight.
- Grill, pan fry, or bake in the oven and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this Rhubarb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Sweet & Smoky Pork Rib Chops + Video
- How to Marinate Beef Inside Round Marinating Steaks + Video
- How to Make a Dry Rub for Pork Loin + Video
- How to Cook Spicy Lemon Zest Pork Chops + Video
- How to Broil Lamb Chops + Video