When you buy marinating steaks, take their advice…
The reason? Well, these cuts of meat are typically much tougher and need some extra help to tenderize and break down some of the connective tissues.
They are usually more inexpensive to purchase, and are great buys, as long as you know how to treat them.
Marinade for Beef Inside Round Marinating Steaks:
If you don’t marinate them, they’ll turn out like a piece of leather jerky…a waste of a piece of meat!
Experiment with different spices, oils and vinegars…Yummy!
Marinate: marinating beef steaks
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marination Time: 8 – 24 hrs
Yield: enough for 3 beef steaks
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup port wine – or your favorite red wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp green herbs of your choice – I used parsley, basil & oregano
- freshly cracked black pepper – to coat
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- In a shallow baking dish combine all ingredients and add marinating steaks.
- Cover dish and return to refrigerator to marinate steaks. Allow 8 – 24 hrs, ideally before grilling.
- Periodically, flip steaks in marinade and replace in fridge.
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Playlist: Steak Recipes + Reviews
Playlist: Sauces, Marinades, Gravies, Dips & Spreads
- How to Marinate Sirloin Tip Steak
- How to Make Napa Valley Barrel-Aged Balsamic Marinade + Video
- How to Marinate Meat
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Eye of Round Steaks + Video
- How to Make Rhubarb Horseradish Marinade for Pork Chops