How to Make Iced Orange Grog with Rum:
The smoked paprika gives it an interesting kick as well. It’s la pièce de résistance!
Type: Beverage Recipe
You should have a gallon container or bowl handy in which to mix the ingredients and have plenty of ice cubes on hand.
Prep Time: 20 min
Grill Time: 5 min
Yield: 15 servings
- 12 cups of fresh squeezed orange juice – about 12 large, ripe juice oranges
- 3 large oranges – sliced; to be grilled for garnish
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – or as much as suits your taste
- about 12 ounces of rum – light or dark
- 16 ounces of sparkling water or gingerale
- 1/3 tsp hot smoked paprika or sweet smoked paprika – We use La Chinata Smoked Paprika Powder.
- cinnamon sticks – optional for garnish
- Wash all the oranges and squeeze the juice out of 12 of the oranges, using a juicer or squeeze by hand. Pour the juice into a large mixing container. * Tip: It is best to use fresh orange juice but frozen will suffice.
- To the orange juice, add the sugar, paprika & rum, and stir well.
- Refrigerate juice mixture while you prepare the grilled oranges for garnish.
- Cut the remaining oranges into slices.
- Brush your grill racks with oil and then place the orange slices on the hot grill and cook until you get nice grill marks on each side – probably 1 min per side. Transfer the orange slices to a bowl, so they will be handy to use as a garnish when you prepare the drinks.
- When you are ready to prepare the drinks, add the sparkling water or gingerale to the juice mixture at the last minute.
- Into each tall glass or mug, place two ice cubes, then fill, adding one of the grilled orange slices to the rim of each glass by cutting one side of each slice from the center to the outside of the slice so each slice will fit nicely on the rim of your glasses.
A tray of these tropical looking drinks is very impressive and the flavor is so appealing and refreshing. That grilled orange is so tasty and adds a nice touch.
Iced Orange Grog with Rum is a fabulous recipe that everyone will love.
- How to Grill Pineapple Dessert: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Cook BBQ Smoked Paprika Canadian Fries: Canada Day Cookout
- Did You Miss Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’ with Father’s Day Menu Ideas?
- How to Grill Haskapa Smoked Paprika Pork Riblets + Video
- How to Cook Grilled Beets Layered with Chevre: 4th of July Fare