I like to cook these wraps on the barbeque, but if the weather is inclement, they can be grilled in your oven.
How to Cook Grilled Maple Sugar Ham Wrapped Asparagus:
Such an impressive presentation for family & friends!
- Tip: Make sure you wash and rinse the asparagus in advance.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 36 thin asparagus spears
- 6 large thin slices of maple sugar ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 to 10 rough ground peppercorns
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Wash & rinse asparagus. Pare & trim off the tough ends by bending each spear until it snaps off where the woody ends begin. Save the discarded ends for vegetable stock.
- Gently blanch asparagus (3 minutes at a boil), then plunge into ice water to maintain nice, green color and stop the cooking process.
- Drain asparagus & pat dry. Save boiling water for stock.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, season with fresh ground peppercorns, salt & lemon juice, and very gently toss taking care not to damage the delicate tips of the asparagus.
- Using 6 spears at a time, roll up asparagus in the ham, beginning at the longest part of each ham slice. Place each roll on a platter with the seam side down. Repeat until all the asparagus is used up.
- Brush grill with olive oil.
- Place on grill with seam side down and grill for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just long enough to get some beautiful grill marks on the meat, being very careful not to disturb the asparagus tips.
- Remove from grill and serve hot or cold.
You will enjoy this treat for any occasion.
This recipe for how to cook grilled maple sugar ham wrapped asparagus is so quick and easy to prepare and it looks gorgeous when presented on a garnished platter, on a bed of baby spinach, lettuce or watercress and some cherry tomatoes.
I hope you enjoy this Asparagus Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus + Video
- How to Cook Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer + Video
- How to Grill Pumpkin on the BBQ + Video
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Asparagus at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Cook Asparagus with Hazelnuts & Orange