This recipe for How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake gives you a whole new way to enjoy ice cream and a special use for cheesecake that will be a pleasant surprise for your family & friends.
We made this cake for a special person, who happens to like both chocolate and strawberry, so we combined them.
How to Make a Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake:
This cake was proudly presented, and very well and happily received.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: about 35 min
Freeze Time: about 30 hrs
Yield: serves 8 – 10 persons
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- ~ 6 – 8 cups vanilla ice cream – enough to fill angel food cake pan along with rest of ingredients
- 1 no-bake cheesecake – frozen; cut into cubes
- 2 Mounds or Almond Joy chocolate bars – or bars of your choice
- 1/4 cup almonds – ground, toasted; for cake garnish
- about 3/4 cup strawberry freezer jam or heavy strawberry syrup
- about 4 or 5 fresh strawberries – 3 for garnish and 3 mixed into the ice cream
- drizzle chocolate syrup – for garnish
- Cut up the frozen cheesecake into cubes, evenly divided and placed into two large bowls.
- Chop the mounds chocolate bar into pieces and place in one bowl. and place 2 chopped strawberries into the other bowl.
- Place an equal amount of frozen ice cream into each bowl – 4 cups in each bowl and stir through.
- Place the Mounds chocolate pieces into one bowl and stir to combine thoroughly with the ice cream and cheesecake.
- Stir strawberry jam into the second bowl and swirl through the ice cream and cheesecake.
- Into the fluted angel cake tin spray some cooking spray so it will be easier to remove the cake later.
- Transfer the contents of each bowl into the angel cake tin, making sure not to mix the two halves of the cake.
- Gently even out the top of the cake and place into freezer immediately and allow to freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Remove cake to a serving platter by loosening the edges gently to allow it come out in one piece. Immediately return cake on the platter to the freezer, for a few hours.
- Remove re-frozen cake from freezer, and on one side, drizzle heavy chocolate syrup and place toasted almonds on top. On the other side, drizzle strawberry jam syrup and place fresh sliced berries on top, for garnish.
- Keep cake in freezer until ready to serve. Slice & serve to your happy guests.
This Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake was a real winner, and we’re going to have to make another one very soon…
- How to Make Strawberries & Cream with Ice Syrup: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches at Home
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae
- National Cheesecake Day Rocked!
- Web Chef Review: The Cheesecake Factory – Dallas, TX