Ice Cream Sandwiches are a real treat for young & old.
Experiment with different flavors of ice cream, cookies as well as additions like sprinkles, fruit, caramel, syrup, jam…Oh boy!
Shucks, if you really wanted to, you could bake your own cookies too…
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: a smile
Prep Time: 8-10 min
Freeze Time: 1 hr – 1 hr 30 min
- chocolate biscuits – thickest ones you can find
- vanilla ice cream – mashed
- In a large, rectangular pan, spread a layer of thick chocolate biscuits covering the entire bottom of the tray.
- Mash vanilla ice cream until softened and somewhat spreadable, and spread about 1/4 – 1/2 inch ice cream all over the biscuit layer.
- Add another layer of biscuits. If you so desire, add another layer of ice cream and biscuits to get another tier.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 15 or 20 min.
- Remove from freezer & using a sharp knife, score and cut into rectangles about 2 x 4 inches. This way, it will be easier to cut & remove the ice cream bars once fully frozen.
- Bars can be removed when needed, or as soon as totally frozen, and then eaten!
- Place remaining in their own convenient, resealable plastic bags and stored in the freezer for future use.
* Tip: Sometimes, I mix & mash a few cherries in with the ice cream. Mmm…
Sandwich Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake + Video
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- How to Bake Turner Family Christmas Log Cookies
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Make Frozen Orange Delight Desserts: Memorial Day Celebrations