I am excited to show you How to Make Chardonnay Peach Caramel Apples!
Chardonnay Peach Caramel Apples:
Be sure to check out my recipe, also using one of these delicious vinegars:
Type: Sweets Recipe
Prep Time: 10 – 12 min
Cook Time: ~ 15 min
Yield: 4 caramel apples
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 firm apples – I used granny smith apples in this show.
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup peach vinegar – I used Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Peach Vinegar.
- 1/8 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Note: You could use 1 package of caramels (14 oz), if you don’t want to make your own caramel.
- Wash apples and remove stems.
- Pierce the apples, using thick skewers, craft sticks, or popsicle sticks, through the indentation where the stem was removed, creating handles for the apples.
- Using a medium sauce pan with a candy thermometer, combine water, sugar, light corn syrup & peach vinegar and bring mixture to a boil on medium-high heat to dissolve sugar in water.
- Note: Use a basting brush with water to wash the sugar crystals from the sides of the pot.
- Turn down to a simmer and allow mixture to come up to the heat of 245 degrees F.
- Note: Swirl the pan frequently, but do not stir mixture.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment, coated with cooking spray, or greased wax paper.
- Take caramel mixture off of the heat & stir in heavy cream. Stir in the butter & vanilla extract with a dash of salt.
- Note: Whisk smooth, if necessary.
- When caramel mixture is smooth, but very slightly cooled to a suitable thickness to adhere to the apples, test on a spoon to check whether or not it will stick to it.
- Plunge apples into the caramel mix, swirling and twirling the apples to get a good coating on each apple.
- Note: If you aren’t satisfied with thickness of the caramel coating, dip the apples back into the caramel for a second coat after slightly cooled & hardened.
- While you are twirling each apple, keep moving it around until the caramel has partially hardened on the apple.
- Then, place the apples on the parchment paper on baking sheets until fully hardened.
- You could melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the caramelized apple.
- Re-dip half of the apple in the caramel and roll it in chopped nuts or coconut.
Try this delicious recipe for How to Make Chardonnay Peach Caramel Apples and treat friends and family to these tasty surprises.
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Chardonnay Peach Vinegar
- How to Make Blood Orange Candy Apples: Homemade Halloween Treats
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Peach Bourbon BBQ Vinaigrette + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Sweet Mango Vinegar