Tasty & spooky too – these Blood Orange Candy Apples are sure to please for Halloween!
A crunchy, candy coating with the taste & color of blood orange with a fresh, crisp, apple on the inside all on a stick. These are pure enjoyment!
Blood Orange Candy Apples:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 – 20 min
Yield: 4 candy apples
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 firm apples
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp yellow food coloring
- dash of salt
- Have available 4 craft sticks, wooden skewers or popsicle sticks.
- Wash and dry apples, and remove the stems.
- Replace the stem with a craft stick, wooden skewer or popsicle stick, for each apple and pierce straight into the apple.
- Into a small, narrow sauce pan, fitted with a candy thermometer, add corn syrup, water, sugar and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, add in food coloring and then allow to simmer until the mixture reaches 310 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper coated with cooking spray, or well greased wax paper.
- Once the candy mixture reaches temperature, you will need to work quickly. Tilt the sauce pan, swirling & twirling the apples in the candy mixture to coat each apple as completely as possible.
- Note: Be sure you don’t burn yourself on the hot candy.
- Make sure you get a good, thick coating on each apple and then, place each coated apple on the prepared paper.
- It will take about 20 min for the candy to set on each apple.
- Be sure to store the candy apples in a dry location.
What a delight to watch children, young & old, enjoy these Blood Orange Candy Apples for Halloween!
- How to Make Chardonnay Peach Caramel Apples + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar
- How to Make Caramel Apples: Caramel Apple Day
- Podcast: Homemade Halloween Treats with Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- How to Make Raspberry Caramel Corn Balls + Video