If you’re looking for an unbelievable side dish, Grill Corn-on-the-Cob with Fresh Sheep Cheese with Lemon!
This is one of my favorite recipes for cooking corn-on-the-cob, and I am very excited to show it to you.
Serving freshly grilled corn with sheep cheese adds another layer of salty, tangy richness that makes the flavors sing – a truly perfect combination with the sweet, charred corn on the cob. Grilling the corn, creates such a smokey sweetness, you’ll want to cook this again & again.
Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob with Fresh Sheep Cheese with Lemon:
Fresh, sweet & crunchy, when cooked, this corn on the cob is exactly what you crave in the summertime! Check out our review below:
Video Review: Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob at Harvest Barn Country Markets
Monforte Dairy Blossom Fresh Sheep Cheese with Lemon also comes from Harvest Barn Country Markets, where they have a substantial dairy section, offering fine cheeses, as well as many other dairy products.
The flavor of this cheese is tangy, salty & creamy with a fresh citrus kick, and it keeps you going back for more. It is very soft & spreadable, so it is perfect for slathering on corn-on-the-cob. If you don’t have sheep cheese, you could use goat cheese, and you could add some lemon zest or lemon juice to obtain a similar flavor. Find Monforte Dairy online at MonforteDairy.com.
If you haven’t thought of using anything besides butter, salt & pepper on your corn, you might re-consider that idea since corn-on-the-cob is fantastic with spreads, garlic, spice rubs, cheeses, flavored oils, vinaigrettes & herbs, and it is quite interesting and adventurous to try some of these unique alternatives.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 ears of corn – husked with silks removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh sheep cheese – I used Monforte Dairy Fresh Sheep Cheese with Lemon.
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rub olive oil on each corn cob, making sure each kernel is coated, and place on hot grill.
- Grill corn, rotating frequently, until charred bits are visible on all sides. Make sure corn doesn’t burn.
- Remove corn from the grill & slather generously with fresh sheep cheese with lemon.
How rich and delicious this corn-on-the-cob tastes and what a tasty change.
There are two locations in Southern Ontario for Harvest Barn Country Markets:
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- St. Catharines, ON
Check out more of our cooking shows with corn:
Video Playlist: Corn Recipes & Reviews
I hope you try this recipe for how to grill corn-on-the-cob with fresh sheep cheese with lemon, and enjoy a lovely new way to serve your corn.
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Monforte Dairy Black Sheep Ripened Sheep Cheese
- How to Boil Corn on the Cob + Video
- Web Chef Review: Mediterranean Feta Cheese from Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Asparagus at Harvest Barn Country Markets