Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob is in at Harvest Barn Country Markets.
I have never seen such beautifully presented corn – even the husks are clean and fresh and the silks show no signs of drying out.
Just take a look at the large cobs, perfect kernels, all lined up so nicely and every kernel is yellow & plump with no imperfections.
Best of all, when it is cooked, it is sweet and yummy – just makes me want to cook up a cob right now to eat. They are so tempting! Corn-on-the-cob is one of my favorite summertime foods.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
This fabulous corn-on-the-cob comes from my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is one of their two locations in southern Ontario, with the other location being in St. Catharines.
Harvest Barn Country Markets try, as much as possible, to bring in produce to their market sites, from within a 100 mile radius, thus reducing transportation time and distance for the produce for their customers. The produce is fresher, optimally ripe and less likely to be bruised or damaged during transportation.
Corn on the Cob Recipes:
- Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob in the Husks
- Grill Corn-on-the-Cob on the BBQ
- Grilled Napa Jack’s Chipotle & Honey Rubbed Corn-on-the-Cob
- Boiled Corn on the Cob
- Napa Apple Jack Salad with Peach Bourbon BBQ Vinaigrette
Do make a point of stopping in at your local Harvest Barn Country Market and bring home something wonderful for your family table – but don’t forget the Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob!
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Baby Kale at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Cantaloupe at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Cucumbers at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Freestone Peaches at Harvest Barn Country Markets