Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia is a superb meal for Valentine’s Day.
Looking for a gorgeous, easy-to-make-for-your-sweetheart dish for V-Day? This is one of my favorites and is made many-a-Fish-Friday as well!
Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia:
Keep things simple can make all the difference in the world with some ingredients. I love fish sauteed or fried – unadulterated – the best. This is just that kind of time.
Type: Entrée Recipe
- tilapia filets – 1 filet/person
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil – more if your frying pan isn’t non-stick
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup flour – for dredging
- 1 tbsp capers
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- lemon wedges – for serving
- Rinse tilapia under cold water and pat dry.
- On medium high, heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- When butter is fragrant, arrange lightly dredged tilapia in pan and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper, and allow to cook for ~ 7 min or until golden brown on bottom.
- Tip: Lightly shake pan back and forth to ensure fish doesn’t stick after about 3 min of cooking. Don’t move fish around more than you have to…It will break apart.
- Using a large spatula, flip fish over, sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper, and cook until golden brown – ~ 4 – 5 min.
- About 3 min before fish is finished, add capers, without juice, and shake in pan with fish.
- Serve with rice and enjoy thoroughly!
This is an absolutely beautiful way to enjoy this fish.
Tilapia is a very meaty and satisfying fish, and perfect simply pan sauteed.
[tags]fish, tilapia, freshwater fish, healthy recipe, Valentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day recipe, American food[/tags]
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Caramelized Onions
- How to Cook Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce on the Stove
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Spicy Caramelized Apples