Today is Day 3 of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike. This is what I made as our main dish for tonight’s dinner using my “cupboard cooking” strategies.
We had a fillet of salmon in our freezer and the fixings in the cupboards or freezer.
I made oven baked salmon because it is much lower in fat than pan frying. You may also use another fish, even something like tilapia as a substitute in this recipe.
My mother was craving lime and coconut for dinner, so I figured I would take those ingredients to create a Thai inspired fish recipe.
- 1 salmon filet – cut into 4 servings; skin removed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
* We only had 1 lime, which I served with dinner in wedges, but I used a Margarita mix we had in the fridge to coat the fish before dredging – Yummy taste!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove skin from salmon servings, if necessary. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray or grease with coconut oil or canola oil.
- Juice 1 lime into a flat bottomed bowl.
- Combine evenly all dry ingredients in a dinner sized plate.
- Place salmon pieces into bowl and coat with lime juice. Then, dredge in dry ingredients in plate and place pieces of salmon on cookie sheet not touching.
- Top salmon pieces with remaining crumbs evenly. Drizzle with a tiny bit of oil, if desired.
- Bake in oven for 9 minutes and check to be sure crumbs are browning. If desired, place under broiler for 1-2 minutes to finish browning coconut crust.
- Serve with lime wedges and side dishes. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Healthy Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Looking for another fish recipe? Try my Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia!
[tags]salmon recipe, fish recipe, how to cook salmon, Thai salmon recipe, Thai salmon, baked fish recipe, how to bake fish, coconut crusted fish, coconut crusted salmon, healthy recipe, quick meal[/tags]
- How to Cook Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout Recipe
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Cook Cilantro & Lime Tuna Melts: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Guilt Free Fish n’ Chips with Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Cook Spicy Thai Ginger Coconut Chicken Soup