This bread is adorned with plump raisins & caraway seeds, and the texture more like that of a scone. A surprisingly perfect combination created between the raisins & caraway seeds carries you away to the shores of the Emerald Isle.
How to Bake Rustic Irish Soda Bread:
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve with: butter
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 25 – 30 min
Yields: 6 – 8 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup semi-melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Stir in raisins & caraway seeds.
- Whisk egg, buttermilk & butter in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and stir until dry ingredients are barely moistened, giving you a stiff, sticky dough.
- Scrape dough onto a baking sheet, making a 6 – 7 inch mound.
- Slash an “X” 2 inches deep on the top of the loaf.
- Bake until golden & a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean – about 25-30 min.
- Transfer loaf to a cooling rack to cool prior to slicing.
Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day with this Rustic Irish Soda Bread!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Irish Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Superb Sweet Potato Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine