When we make pumpkin pie filling from scratch for pumpkin pies over the Holidays, you’re bound to always have more than you need.
This often happens in our household, so we store the rest in the freezer in serving size bags or containers. These portions are perfect for my pumpkin bread recipes, whether it be in the oven as a spice loaf or in the bread machine.
Today, I’m going for a more neutral pumpkin flavor without all the Holiday spices everyone is a bit tired of. You will enjoy this recipe!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup water – or room temperature tea
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling – or puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds – no shell
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 1/3 cups buckwheat flour – or whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients, yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
Enjoy with softened butter or even as a side with dinner. It’s really a delicious pumpkin bread recipe for the bread machine.
I hope you enjoyed this Pumpkin Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out this Free 14-day Trial for Online Cooking School!
[tags]recipe for pumpkin bread, bread machine recipes, pumpkin recipes, pumpkin bread recipe, pumpkin bread, how to bake bread[/tags]
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine