In fact, I haven’t made rye bread in a while, probably because a combination is what I was looking for, but nothing sparked my interest in my head, until I saw a bottle of flat cola in my refrigerator.
Rye & Coke/Cola Bread in the Bread Machine sounded like an awesome idea, and is a cool “play on words”, isn’t it?
Now, the Rye isn’t actually the alcoholic beverage, rye, it’s rye flour.
Try it, you’ll like it!
Rye & Cola Bread for the Bread Machine:
Love Rye Bread? Try my Cranberry Rye Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine too.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the videos for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the videos below.
- 1 cup cola – room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground caraway – You may want to use caraway seeds instead (~ 2 tbsp).
- 2 tbsp flax seeds – or whatever seeds you prefer
- 1 1/3 cups rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s brand.
- 1 tbsp rolled oats – Optional; to top.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir/pan wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients (except rolled oats), yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark dough cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
Experiment in your kitchen…Don’t be scared! Maybe even try using a ginger ale instead of coke…Rye & Ginger Bread. Yum!
More Bread Recipes:
Cooking Shows: Bread Recipes + Reviews
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine