In fact, I haven’t made rye bread in a while, probably because a combination is what I was looking for, but nothing sparked my interest in my head, until I saw a bottle of flat cola in my refrigerator.
Rye & Coke/Cola Bread in the Bread Machine sounded like an awesome idea, and is a cool “play on words”, isn’t it?
Now, the Rye isn’t actually the alcoholic beverage, rye, it’s rye flour.
Try it, you’ll like it!
Love Rye Bread? Try my Cranberry Rye Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine too.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the videos for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the videos below.
- 1 cup cola – room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground caraway – You may want to use caraway seeds instead (~ 2 tbsp).
- 2 tbsp flax seeds – or whatever seeds you prefer
- 1 1/3 cups rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s brand.
- 1 tbsp rolled oats – Optional; to top.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir/pan wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients (except rolled oats), yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark dough cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
Experiment in your kitchen…Don’t be scared! Maybe even try using a gingerale instead of coke…Rye & Ginger Bread. Yum!
I hope you enjoy this Breads Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine