How to Bake Superb Sweet Potato Bread for the Bread Machine
Easy and tasty, this bread is sure to please. You can make it more sweet and bake it on the Sweet Bread cycle, or omit the molasses and honey and bake on a Normal Bread cycle. Delicious either way!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: Softened butter or with a Holiday feast
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hr, 30 min
Yield: 1 loaf
1. Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir, except raisins.
2. Turn on the machine to the Sweet bread cycle, if you have one.
* Tip: It takes 3 hr, 40 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
* Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
3. After first kneading is over, add the raisins, so that they are not torn apart during the first kneading.
4. When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
5. Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
I hope this bread either brings back memories of your childhood, or makes new ones for years and generations to come!
I hope you enjoyed this Bread Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. If you’re looking for a sweeter version of a Sweet Potato Bread to bake in the oven, try this one out:
[tags]sweet potato bread, sweet potatoes, sweet potato recipe, bread recipe, bread machine recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, Christmas recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kicked Up Sweet Cornbread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Savory Onion & Garlic Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine