Adding peanuts, other nuts or seeds gives this bread more texture, flavor, and nutrition.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ – Tip: I store mine in the freezer to keep it fresh!
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – Tip: I store them in the freezer too!
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water – or room temperature tea
- 1/2 cup peanut oil – You may use vegetable oil if you prefer.
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 cup peanuts – chopped, toasted would taste even better
* You may also try using peanut butter to replace the majority of the peanut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder baking soda, and peanuts.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, water, sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]whole wheat recipe, whole wheat quick bread, banana bread, banana bread recipe, banana peanut recipe, quick bread recipe, banana recipe, peanut recipe, how to bake bread, peanuts[/tags]
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins