These pretty squares have a lovely texture & flavor, with a marshmallow layer like a cloud. Believe me, they’ll disappear quickly!
How to Bake Christmas Marshmallow Squares:
This recipe yields about 36 squares using a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: coffee, tea or milk
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 20 – 30 min
Cool Time: 1 hr
Set Time: 1 hr
Yields: 36 – 40 squares
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 2/3 oz unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond flavor – * optional, if desired
- red food coloring – or another color you love
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For the bottom layer, combine & mix flour, brown sugar & butter until the mixture crumbles.
- Press this mixture into a pan & flatten evenly & gently with your hands.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 – 30 min or until golden.
- Remove from oven & cool on a rack.
- When completely cooled, create the second layer in a sauce pan by sprinkling gelatin over water & allowing it to stand for 5 min.
- Add granulated sugar & salt.
- Heat at medium temperature to dissolve gelatin & sugar while stirring constantly. When thoroughly dissolved, remove from heat.
- Stir in icing sugar, and cool mixture.
- When cool, beat until this mixture is foamy.
- Add baking powder, vanilla extract & almond flavoring (optional). Add just a drop at a time of red food coloring until you achieve a pale pink shade you find aesthetically pleasing.
- Beat on high speed until peaks stand up & hold nicely.
- Pour pink mixture over the base & cool completely until the mixture is no longer glossy.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares.
Tasty & fun to eat with the marshmallow layer on a gorgeous baked base. Try baking Marshmallow Squares!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Christmas Raspberry Squares: Kimberly’s Favorite
- How to Bake Vanilla Cupcakes: National Vanilla Cupcake Day
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Bake Sponge Cake: National Boston Cream Pie Day
- How to Bake Chiffon Cake: National Cake Day