Since Kimberly, my daughter, was a small child, she has gravitated towards these Raspberry Squares, and they are clearly her very favorite Christmas treat.
It’s wonderful to see their eyes light up as they see I haven’t forgotten what they like best, and it’s my gift to see how pleased they are.
This is the very first time I’m sharing this raspberry square recipe.
How to Bake Christmas Raspberry Squares:
My special recipe for raspberry squares calls for a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking tin or glass, ovenproof pan.
I usually cut these squares into 1 1/2 x 2 2/3 inch pieces, more or less. This gives me approximately 30 – 40 squares. The choice of size of individual squares is entirely up to you.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: coffee, tea or milk
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 12 – 15 min
Yields: 30 – 40 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch squares
- 3/4 cup butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberry jam – Use more if desired; this should be a fairly firm jam.
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter & salt until creamy & fluffy.
- Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt, baking soda & stir into creamed mixture.
- Add oats & water.
- Mix until crumbly. Pat firmly 2/3 of the mixture into a greased pan.
- Stir jam & lemon juice together until mixed thoroughly, and spread evenly over base.
- Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the jam & gently press to even out the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 25 min.
- Cool well & cut into bars with a sharp, oiled knife.
Now, you can bake these Christmas Raspberry Squares and make them into a yearly family treat too.
Playlist: Raspberry Recipes + Reviews
Playlist: Desserts & Sweets Recipes + Reviews
- How to Bake Marshmallow Squares
- How to Bake Gluten Free Tiger Nut Date Squares + Video
- How to Bake Rustic Irish Soda Bread + Video
- How to Bake Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread Day
- How to Bake Christmas Fingerprint Cookies