It’s National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and did you know that almost any cake batter can be transformed into cupcakes?
How to Bake Black Bottom Cupcakes:
You could bake cupcakes in flat bottomed ice cream cones. Cupcakes can take any kind of decorative & embellished frostings.
These are generally baked at 350 degrees F for 18-20 min. It’s best to check often for doneness.
Type: Cupcake Recipe
Serve with: fabulous frosting
Prep Time: 5 min
Bake Time: 18 – 20 min
Yields: ~ 1 dozen
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup sugar + 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkled powdered sugar – * optional, if desired
- frosting/icing – whatever you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat until smooth, cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt.
- Add water, vegetable oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups half full of batter.
- In the center of each cup, place 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 – 30 min, being sure to check for doneness frequently.
- Remove from pan and let cool o rack.
- Frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
National Chocolate Cupcake Day is that much sweeter!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Vanilla Cupcakes: National Vanilla Cupcake Day
- How to Bake Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake: National Chocolate Day
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Incredible Carrot Cake
- How to Bake Coconut Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing