September 8th is National Date Nut Bread Day, and this Date Nut Bread recipe will soothe your senses & your taste buds.
If keeping them for more than 1 day or 2, it’s best refrigerated or frozen.
How to Bake Date Nut Bread:
The addition of different types of nuts, and even fresh apple chunks, makes this an even more versatile recipe.
Bake this lovely bread in the bottom third of a 350 degree F oven. This is a really nice recipe that follows.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve with: butter
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 35 – 45 min for smaller loaves, 55 – 65 min for larger loaves
Yields: four 9 x 5 inch or 9 x 6 inch bread pans
- 1 2/3 cups dates – dry, chopped
- 1 1/8 cups water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar – packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups walnuts, pecans and/or macadamias – chopped
- In a medium bowl, place chopped dates. Stir in water & baking soda, and let stand for about 18 min or until lukewarm.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vegetable oil & vanilla extract.
- Stir cooled date mixture into wet mixture until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients, and gently fold together until just blended.
- Fold in chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans &/or macadamia nuts).
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf tins & spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 35 – 45 min for small loaves, 55 – 65 min for larger loaves. * Tip: Do not over-bake.
- Allow to cool in the pans on a rack for 5 – 12 min prior to unmolding, and completely cool on the rack.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Bread Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake White Bread: Homemade Bread Day
- How to Bake Rustic Irish Soda Bread + Video
- How to Bake Gluten Free Tiger Nut Date Squares + Video
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze