This recipe for How to Bake Haskapa Witchy Finger Cookies gives you a nice spooky looking batch of green, gnarly fingers with bloody fingernails and blood dripping out of the torn joint.
Not only will the kids think these cookies are awesome, they also taste great, and adults will love them too.
These cookies can also double as monster fingers for a scary birthday party treat for boys or girls, who are into monsters.
Sound scary enough? Here’s how you do it.
Haskapa Witchy Finger Cookies:
I have used some beautiful, crimson Haskapa Jam to paint blood around the fingernails and to give some gore to these Halloween treats.
Since you have to form these cookies to hold their shape for the fingers, it is important to have a dough texture that is firm.
Type: Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 8 – 12 min
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 3/4 – 3 cups flour + bench flour – Extra flour is to keep dough from sticking to your fingers while forming cookies and to keep work surface dusted.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- a few drops vanilla extract
- 10 – 15 drops green food coloring
- pumpkin, squash or watermelon seeds for fingernails – almonds will work too
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a standing mixer or large mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugars to butter and beat until very well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking soda.
- Gradually, add dry ingredients to the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and green food coloring, making sure it is well distributed.
- Form fingers making sure they have a gnarled appearance, rolling into cylinder shapes with your hands or on a work surface with a little bench flour.
- Apply fingernails.
- Using a sharp paring knife, tap to make lines for the finger joints.
- Bake on parchment or silicone sheets for 8 to 12 min, depending on the size of the fingers.
- Using Haskapa jam, outline fingernails and apply some bloody gore where desired.
The green, bent fingers are very cool, and you can get your creative side working.
The blood & gore provided by the Haskapa Jam looks quite real, and the seeds are amazing as pointy fingernails to complete the look, as well as being edible.
All in all, a fun recipe for all to enjoy making & sneaking to eat.
These Haskapa Witchy Finger Cookies are very unique, as well as delicious, and they are a fun dessert or treat for Halloween.
- How to Bake Witch Finger Breadsticks: Halloween Treats
- Podcast: Homemade Halloween Treats with Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- How to Bake Haskap Oatmeal Cookies + Video
- How to Bake Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- How to Bake Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread Day