These Christmas Shortbread Cookies absolutely melt in your mouth…
It’s hard to stay away from your tins of these dainties, let alone everyone else in your household.
How to Bake Christmas Shortbread Cookies:
- Tip: Because of the various & different sizes of cookie cutters you may be using, it’s difficult to determine yield, but I’ve found I usually get 5 – 6 dozen cookies.
Type: Cookie Recipe
Serve with: a tall glass of milk
Prep Time: 25 min
Bake Time: 14 – 18 min
Yields: 5 – 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp butter
- 1 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch + extra to cover the kneading board
- 1 egg yolk
- decorations of choice
- Beat & cream butter until light in color.
- Add in egg yolk & beat until fluffy.
- Gradually, add in icing sugar & cornstarch, and beat until well combined.
- Add flour until all is well blended.
- Dust hands with cornstarch, and place all dough + dough particles on a working surface, and gather all into a ball.
- Knead dough using cornstarch as bench flour, and gradually incorporate as much cornstarch as needed to bind dough together.
- Roll dough into a circle 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cutters, as desired, to cut out shapes you want.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets & decorate as you wish using candied fruit, colored sugar, chocolate bits, nuts…whatever you like, or even no decorations at all.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 14 – 18 min, but before cookies turn brown. * Tip: After your first cookies are baked, you will have a guide to determine how long each sheet of cookies takes to bake.
Baking Shortbread Cookies is a Turner Family tradition for the Holidays. Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Christmas Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Christmas Fingerprint Cookies
- How to Bake Christmas Oatmeal Frosties
- How to Bake Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies + Video: Valentine’s Day Treats
- How to Bake Turner Family Christmas Log Cookies
- How to Bake Rose’s Pecan Cookies