This recipe for How to Bake Haskap Oatmeal Cookies will make everyone smile!
A lovely idea for a host/hostesss gift when visiting over the Holidays as well, these cookies are sure to please.
Haskap Oatmeal Cookies:
Haskapa is the brand name of the company that produces and processes haskap berry products. In this recipe, we are using Haskapa Dried Haskap Berries. For more information on Haskapa and haskap berries, look them up online:
Type: Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 10 – 13 min
Yield: 3 – 4 dozen – depending on size
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3/4 cup of butter + coconut oil combined – at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1-3/4 cups flour – When the dough is prepared, you might have to add more flour, and/or rolled oats to get proper consistency.
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract – I used Epicureal Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of haskap berries – You can chop the berries slightly, but I am leaving them whole, because I like getting that big, plump berry every now and then in each of my cookies.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Note: You can add any other spices, if you desire.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer, cream butter & coconut oil well.
- Add the sugars and cream together until well combined.
- Break eggs into a bowl, and add them, one at a time, into the sugar/butter mixture. Beat well until light & fluffy. Add vanilla and mix it through the mixture.
- Into the flour, mix spices as desired, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Then, gradually add the flour mixture 1/3 or 1/2 at a time, until incorporated into the cookie dough.
- Note: Be sure to scrape down the sides, the beater and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add dried haskap berries and stir through evenly.
- Stir in rolled oats using low speed, adding 1/2 a cup at a time, and make sure they are well combined.
- Note: Now would be the time to add any extra spices you desire.
- Taste the dough for sweetness, texture and if you have enough berries to suit you.
- Note: At this point, you will know whether or not you need more flour or oats, sugar or berries.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough out of the bowl and form into golf ball-sized balls.
- They do not have to be perfectly formed because when they are baking, they will spread out anyhow.
- After forming the balls, you could dunk the top of each ball into sugar – but this isn’t necessary.
- Place and arrange the cookies on a silicone-lined baking sheet or parchment, and keep about 2 inches between each cookie to give them room to spread.
- Using a fork, gently press the tops of the cookies a bit – about halfway – just for a pretty design.
- Bake one tray at at a time for 10 – 13 min. Start checking them at the 10 min point.
- The cookies should be golden, but not dark brown.
- My cookies were done perfectly at 12 min.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool for about 4 min before removing the cookies from the cookie sheets and transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Form and bake the rest of the cookies following the same instructions.
You’ll really get the taste of home baking with these wonderful oatmeal cookies with dried haskap berries. What a beautiful cookie & what deliciousness.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for How to Bake Haskap Oatmeal Cookies as much as we do, and serve them with pride to your family & friends.
- How to Bake Christmas Oatmeal Frosties
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Ingrid’s Peanut Butter Cookies: National Cookie Month
- How to Make Granola: National Oatmeal Day
- How to Bake Haskapa Witchy Finger Cookies + Video: Homemade Halloween Treats