Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies for Valentine’s Day just seems like the perfect cookie for the occasion.
Chocolate chips & maraschino cherry chunks inundate this rich, buttery cookie dough, creating flaky deliciousness upon baking.
Surprise your sweetheart with these sweets.
How to Bake Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies:
Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for romantic results!
Type: Cookie Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries – chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips – chopped
- 1 – 2 tsp water
- Cream butter & sugars.
- Add in flour, 1/3 at a time, and mix until it’s the consistency of oatmeal.
- Add in a few drops of water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips & a few more drops of water.
- Stir in maraschino cherries, and the rest of the water.
- Turn the mixture onto a flat surface & compress it with your hands until it holds together.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap & refrigerate for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough to just under 1/2 inch thick, and cut out shapes of cookies with cutters or freehand.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet & place in the 350 degree F oven. Immediately reduce the heat to 300 degrees F, and bake about 10 – 12 min or until slightly golden at the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 min on sheets. Then, transfer to cooling racks.
These Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are a wonderful way to celebrate the love you have for your partner & loved ones.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- It’s So Hot, You Could Bake Cookies in Your Car?
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day