National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day is a true celebration of flavors!
I’m giving you a recipe for Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies.
How to Bake Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies:
With their crescents dipped in chocolate, these almond cookies are a delight, especially around the Holidays.
Type: Cookie Recipe
Serve with: a smile
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 35 – 45 min
Cool Time: 15 – 20 min
Yields: 42 three inch crescents
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar + enough to roll cookies in after baking
- 1 1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Grease or line cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add confectioners sugar & beat until mixed.
- Beat in ground almonds, vanilla extract & cinnamon.
- Stir flour in until blended.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into crescents about 2 1/2 – 3 inches.
- Place cookies on cookie sheets at least 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 – 15 min or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove to cooling racks after resting a few minutes outside of the oven on cookie sheets.
- Roll cookies in confectioners sugar.
Chocolate Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate – finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Dipping Sauce Instructions:
- In a small pot, mix heavy cream, whole milk, sugar & butter, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add bittersweet chocolate. Allow to stand for a minute, and whisk in until smooth with vanilla extract.
- Dip each tip slightly into chocolate dipping sauce.
- Shake off excess & line up cookies on a wire rack with a cookie sheet under it to catch any drips.
- Continue until all tips are coated.
National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day…Yum!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Turner Family Christmas Log Cookies
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread Day
- How to Bake Rose’s Pecan Cookies
- How to Make Dark Chocolate Truffles: Chocolates Day