I call this Grandstand Guacamole because, in our family, we watch a lot of sports, in person and on TV!
Type: Appetizer Recipe
* Try to use organic avocados and tortilla chips. I prefer to use black, red, blue or yellow corn tortilla chips.
- Cut the avocados in half by slicing from top to bottom all around the pit. Twist the 2 halves apart.
- Take your sharp knife and thrust the knife into the pit with the middle of the blade. When knife is stuck in the pit, twist to remove the pit, and discard it.
- While avocado flesh is in the half-skins, use a tablespoon (the type you eat with) to scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the bowl, and start mashing the avocados with a dinner fork. * Tip: I prefer to use a fork instead of a potato masher since I like some avocado chunks in my guacamole.
- Stir the mixture up to disburse ingredients evenly.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasonings to your preferences.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Now, turn on the TV to ESPN, or pack it up in a cooler for tailgating at your favorite sporting event, and Have Fun!
I mentioned that it should feed 5-6, but last night, we polished the whole thing off together! It was tooooo good!
I hope you enjoyed this Avocado Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Olé, it’s National Guacamole Day: How to Make Guapa Guacamole
- How to Make Guapa Guacamole
- How to Make Avocado Cups for Seafood Salad
- How to Make Guacam-Olé: National Guacamole Day
- How to Bake Homemade Tortilla Chips