If you’re a lover of Mexican cuisine, then National Guacamole Day will make you say, “Olé!”
Besides being delicious, avocados are beautiful to the eye. I even like guacamole on eggs, toast, fajitas & enchiladas.
This recipe for guacamole is very flexible & the quantities don’t have to be precise. Also, it depends on what ingredients you have on hand.
My recipe follows and can be doubled or tripled, if desired.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Serve with: warm tortilla chips, as a topping or filling
Prep Time: 8 min
- 2 avocados – medium-sized, ripe
- juice of 1 lime – more or less, as desired
- 1 tsp cilantro – or parsley, if preferred
- 1 tsp scallions or chives – finely minced
- dash of hot sauce
- dash cayenne
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic – minced
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Coarsely mash avocados in a medium-sized mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Re-season with salt & pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with chips, veggies, as a filling or topping.
That’s it! As you can see, a lot of the recipe depends on personal preferences.
I like to keep chunks of un-mashed avocado in my guacamole…Mmm.
I just put in whatever I’m in the mood for on any given day.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Avocado Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Guapa Guacamole
- How to Make Guacam-Olé: National Guacamole Day
- How to Make Grandstand Guacamole
- How to Make Spinach, Citrus & Avocado Salad: Valentine’s Day Treats
- How to Bake Crunchy Tortilla Chips: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta