Well, what if you could make hot tortilla chips at home and make them healthier by baking them in stead of frying? You could even season them the way you like. Look like a real star at your dinner party or backyard barbeque.
It is a possibility and something that will take you less than 15 minutes to accomplish.
This recipe is also a good way to use up older, unused or stale tortillas whether they are flour, corn or flavored.
These could be a savory snack, or you could sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar for a sweet surprise.
Type: Snack Recipe
Serve: with homemade salsa
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5-7 min
Yield: 8 chips per tortilla
- Flour or Corn Tortillas – 8 chips per tortilla
- Peanut Oil – to brush on tortillas
- Seasoning – whether you enjoy salt, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne or chili powder, even cumin and Adobo seasoning work well
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush tortillas with peanut oil and cut into halves, then quarters, then eighths.
- Place them on cookie sheets evenly and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Start checking them at 5 minutes to be sure they don’t burn.
- Chips are done when they are golden brown and the edges start to slightly curl.
Serve these babies up with homemade salsa, guacamole or queso dip, or make amazing nachos with them.
I hope you enjoyed this Appetizer Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]homemade tortilla chips, baked tortilla chips, how to bake tortilla chips, how to make tortilla chips[/tags]
- How to Bake Crunchy Tortilla Chips: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Huevos Rancheros
- How to Bake Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- How to Bake Turkey Pot Pie + Video
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies