Everyone in the family loves Chai flavors, so I tried to enhance our pumpkin spices with a bit of Indian flair adding cardamom. Then, well, alcohol enhances flavor and I used brandy for this recipe as it reminds me of the Holidays.
Try this – it’s so fast and super easy to prepare – You’ll love it!
Plus, how many people do you know that don’t eat the pastry crust on pies during the Holidays? Here’s the filling without the crust! LOL
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin – equals about 1 large can
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk – equals about 1 can
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground or pulverized cardamom – use a spice grinder or pulverize with mortar & pestle (removing hulls).
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh finely grated ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 dashes ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9″x9″ baking dish.
- Froth eggs with all spices in a blender on high for about 1 min.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until everything is thoroughly combined. Adjust seasonings to your own taste.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish and place inside of a larger baking dish that will fit it inside flat.
- Put in to oven and pour water into larger baking dish up to half way up the sides of your dessert’s baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean inserted in the middle.
- Cool, refrigerate and serve with maple whipped cream.
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Very neat book and a great way to Spice Up your traditional repertoire with new flavors:
[tags]cardamom recipe, how to use cardamom, pumpkin custard, custard recipe, pumpkin recipe, brandy recipe, Holiday recipe, pumpkin dessert, how to make custard, easy custard recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- How to Cook Perfect Pumpkin Pie Filling
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie: National Pumpkin Day
- How to Bake Indian Pudding: National Indian Pudding Day
- How to Cook Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes + Video