To me, the best way to use bread that needs to be eaten or if you have a bunch of leftover bread, is to make bread pudding!
I chose my favorite tea flavoring, chai, as the theme behind it all as it often goes well with pumpkin and sweet potato is the closest flavor to that!
It was sinfully delicious and you have to try it…You’ll be so glad you did!
- 1/2 – 3/4 loaf of Kimberly’s Superb Sweet Potato Bread – 1? cubes (you may use whatever bread you desire, as long as it’s not herbed and savory)
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 cups Half & Half Cream
- 1/4 cup Spiced Rum
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar – Packed
- 10 cardamom pods – ground in mortar & pestle or spice grinder with hulls removed
- 10 black peppercorns – ground in mortar & pestle or spice grinder
- 1/8 tsp fennel seeds – ground in mortar & pestle or spice grinder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins – Optional: I had raisins in my bread
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients other than bread. Whisk everything together.
- Cube bread into 1? pieces and add to bowl. Gently stir with wooden spoon until bread is completely coated with wet mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes up to 2 hrs in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish (approximately 9? x 13?).
- Bake in oven for 1 hr on center rack or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm topped with Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts.
Just wait until you taste this…
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]bread pudding, chai bread pudding, bread pudding recipe, chai recipe, bread dessert, dessert recipe, bread recipe, dessert, creative dessert[/tags]
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Island Bread Pudding Recipe
- How to Cook Brandy Cardamom Pumpkin Custard
- How to Make Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts
- How to Bake Bread Pudding