Roasted Artichoke Hearts are a delicious side dish treat, but artichokes are so often under-appreciated.
However, the flavor inside of these globes of shelled armor and hidden beneath the choke is absolutely delectable.
The handy-dandy roasting tray from Mutt Shop Products I use for these long stem artichokes is actually a jalapeño roasting tray, but holds these artichoke hearts with the stems in a perfect way to roast them.
The slow, dry heat makes for a great atmosphere for this tasty vegetable to roast & develop its flavors.
How to Roast Artichoke Hearts in a Roasting Tray:
Type: Side Dish Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 long stem artichokes
- large bowl full of water
- 1/2 lemon – juice + peel; for soaking
- 3 slices lemon – for roasting
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper – to taste; I used White Kampot Peppercorns
- sea salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Prepare the artichokes by first removing leaves from the stalk by hand or with a sharp paring knife.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the stalk of the artichoke revealing the more tender layer underneath, and using a sharp chef’s knife, cut the very end of the stalk off to clean it all up nicely.
- Pull all of the leaves of the artichoke off by hand, and remove the choke & discard. Pare the excess hard leaves from the outside edge that haven’t been fully removed. * Tip: If the tips of the leaves are too sharp, first use utility scissors to trim off those spiny ends.
- Prepare a large bowl of cold water with lemon squeezed in to reserve artichoke hearts until finished preparing all of them for roasting.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once finished preparing artichokes, remove them from cold water. In a bowl, toss them with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Arrange them in the jalapeño roasting tray on a cookie sheet and top with a slice of lemon. To create some steam in the oven, add some water to the cookie sheet to keep things moist while roasting.
- Roast in oven for 40 – 45 min, checking on them at least halfway through. Roast until fork tender.
- Remove from oven & serve with a really tasty main dish of meat.
What a cool way to roast these delicious globes of goodness!
I hope you enjoy this Vegetable Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Okra in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Radishes in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Sweet Mini-Peppers in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to BBQ Broccoli with Lemon Wedges + Video