More & more often, I am able to pick up some of the more rare vegetables in our grocers, and show you something like this Roasted Kohlrabi.
They have the texture or consistency of an apple when cut, and despite not having leaves, smells like cabbage.
How to Roast Kohlrabi:
If you don’t know what to do with a vegetable, roasting it usually brings out nice, natural flavors, and seems to always be a great option for a wonderful side dish.
Being that they are nice and dense, they will take a little time to roast off.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: roasted chicken breasts
Prep Time: 8 – 10 min
Cook Time: 40 – 45 min – depending on thickness of kohlrabi pieces
Yield: serves 3
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 kohlrabi – washed, peeled, sliced
- 1 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper – I used Kampot Peppercorns
- sea salt – I used Drogheria Red Hawaiian Sea Salt
- sprinkle sweet smoked paprika powder – I used La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the stems of the kohlrabi and peel the outside.
- Slice them into quarters, and put into a bowl.
- Coat in olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper & salt, and smoked paprika powder.
- Spray or grease a cookie sheet, and arrange kohlrabi, so they’re not touching.
- Roast for about 15 – 20 min, and turn kohlrabi.
- Roast an additional 20 min, or until golden brown & fork tender.
Serve alongside a hearty chicken dish, and some other roasted veggies for an additional side dish.
Kohlrabi doesn’t have to be something that intimidates your or turns you away because you don’t know what to do with it. It’s easy to use and super tasty too.
I hope you enjoy this Vegetable Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Chicken Quarters
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Cook Southern Style Fried Cabbage + Video