Whether it’s a weeknight or a weekend, a Whole Roasted Chicken is such a treat, even if it’s on the regular.
Roasting a whole chicken takes roughly an hour in the oven, and what’s great about that is you can pretty much set it and forget about it, basting once or twice.
How to Roast a Whole Chicken:
Crispy skin is a must, as well as moist chicken breast meat.
- Roast your chicken breast-side down, so that the breast stays juicy, and the skin on the back is perfectly crisp and easy to remove prior to cutting the breast on the underside.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr – 1 1/4 hrs
Serves: 4 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F, on the convection setting, if you have it on your oven.
- Rinse & pat dry your whole chicken.
- Massage skin of chicken with softened butter and season inside and out with spices.
- Stuff chicken as desired, and cap it with half an apple to keep stuffing from falling out.
- Insert meat thermometer into large muscle near center of chicken.
- Roast in oven on 475 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F, on the convection setting, if you have it on your oven. Cover chicken with a chicken triangle, and return chicken to oven to finish roasting until meat thermometer reads 190 degrees F for poultry.
- Remove chicken from oven, leaving chicken triangle intact and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve with fabulous side dishes.
I hope you enjoy this How to Cook Video on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make a ‘Turkey Triangle’ for Roasting in the Oven + Video
- How to Prepare a Turkey for Roasting + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast the Most Delicious Traditional Holiday Turkey
- How to Stuff a Turkey for Roasting + Video