This is my favorite way to make these meatballs.
How To Cook Meatballs & Gravy:
- Tip: If you have extra meatballs, freeze them for another dinner next week, or make burger patties & freeze.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 – 20 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 lb raw ground beef
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs – finely ground
- dash salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp butter – softened
- 12 freshly cracked black Kampot peppercorns
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 sprinkle of freshly ground red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 – 3 tbsp red wine
- Using a shallow bowl, place ground beef in a bowl and add in butter, salt & pepper, 1 tsp butter, ground cracker crumbs, parsley, red chili flakes
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients and form beef mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Prepare a large frying pan by heating olive oil and 1 tbsp butter until hot, and place formed meatballs into a frying pan. Cook until well browned on all sides, and cooked through – about 10 – 15 min. If more olive oil is required during cooking, add another tbsp.
- In the meantime, prepare a slurry to thicken the gravy you will be making. Into a small jar, pour water and add in flour. Secure lid on top of the jar and shake jar to mix flour & water thoroughly. You will have to shake it again just before pouring slurry into sauté pan.
- Remove meatballs from pan and pour out most of the oil, leaving any meat bits in the pan. Return pan to the stove on medium heat and deglaze pan using red wine. Gently stir contents of pan incorporating any meat bits into the liquid, and allowing the alcohol in the wine to cook off.
- Gently shake up and add in your slurry and stir it all the while. Add in some extra liquid to thin out the gravy. You could use broth, wine, stock or water. Add in this additional liquid 2 tbsp at a time, and continue to stir.
- Allow gravy to gently boil through, until you are satisfied with the consistency. Reduce heat to lowest setting. Correct the seasoning to your liking.
- Add meatballs back into the gravy making sure every meatball is covered with gravy. Allow to remain on a low simmer until serving time.
Do try this recipe on How To Cook Meatballs and Gravy – it’s delicious!
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Beef Pot Roast
- How to Cook Meatballs
- How to Cook Down-South Smothered Liver & Onions with Gravy
- How to Cook Chicken Meatballs + Video
- How to Cook Meatball Soup