Roasted Sweet Mini-Peppers are a fabulous addition to other recipes, or used as a side dish all on it’s own.
When roasted, these sweet, little peppers develop even more flavor, becoming even sweeter, and often taking on a smokey flavor, more so when using a grill, but still when charring the skin in the oven.
Now, you can roast peppers in a number of different ways, all of which produce slightly different results.
Eat these as a side dish, or work ahead of time, and have them prepared for additions to recipes throughout the week. You will certainly have more diversity with your cooking having these prepared & at the ready, if you don’t have to roast a pepper for the dinner recipe you’re making right away.
Roasted Sweet Mini-Peppers:
In this show with recipe, I am using a great roasting tray that has proven to be very versatile for a number of different usages in my kitchen. It’s the Jalapeño Roasting Tray from Mutt Shop Products. It’s definitely not just for roasting jalapeños, that’s for sure!
You can roast up to 15 peppers in this roasting tray, and each hole is designed to grip the peppers, as well as allowing heat to circulate through the tray, due to its unique design.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 – 15 min – depending on thickness of peppers
Yield: up to 15 with this roasting tray; today, I prepared 9 peppers
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- up to 15 sweet mini-peppers – I used Compliments Sweet Mini-Peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil – or peanut oil
- sprinkle salt
- sprinkle pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash peppers in water and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Trim stem tips off peppers, if they are excessively long. They may burn.
- In a bowl, toss them with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Arrange them in roasting tray on a cookie sheet, so they are standing up properly.
- Roast in oven at 425 degrees F for 10 – 15 min, depending upon the thickness of your peppers. You want them to be softened through. * Tip: Skin may look charred; don’t fret!
- Remove the peppers from the tray and put into a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 min on counter top, or until cooled and skin has separated from the flesh of the pepper a bit.
- Peel skin off of peppers by hand.
- Cut off tops, slice down middle to bottom, and remove seeds easily.
Now, the fun begins…finding things to add these Roasted Sweet Mini-Peppers to!
I hope you enjoy this Pepper Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Okra in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Bacon, Cheddar & Piquillo Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers + Video
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Radishes in a Roasting Tray + Video
- Web Chef Review: Mutt Shop Products’ Jalapeno Pepper Roasting Tray