A healthy, unbelievably flavorful and different salad, quick and easy for a weekday night dinner or lunch. Absolutely fantastic!
Turkey Scallopini Salad with Gorgonzola:
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve with: olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 3 servings
- 3 pieces turkey scallopini
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts – broken into bite sized pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 tomato – wedged
- 1/2 cucumber – quartered chunks
- 1/4 carrot – grated
- ~ 5 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- olive oil – to taste
- balsamic vinegar – to taste
- Preheat a large frying pan with 1/2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Start a small sauce pan of water with salt in to a boil with 3 eggs in it beginning with cold water. Allow to boil for 8 min and rinse under cold water and allow to sit in pot of cold water for at least 5 min with shell on.
- Pan fry turkey scallopini about 5 min per side, to be sure it’s cooked through.
- Let rest on a cutting board for 5 min before slicing it.
- While waiting, arrange fresh and cut vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Take shells off of eggs and slice eggs, if desired. Otherwise, serve alongside salad to be eaten with it.
- Place turkey slices on top of salad and break up Gorgonzola into bite-sized chunks and arrange on top of salad.
- Allow people to drizzle their own olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top of salad.
- Tip: Apricot kernel oil is divine on this salad as well! Yum!
I’m telling you…I could eat this salad at least once a week. It is so flavorful and a great combination of ingredients, and healthy to boot!
This Turkey Scallopini Salad with Gorgonzola is sure to please – a phenomenal salad!
- How to Cook with Holiday Turkey Leftovers – 4 Winning Recipes
- How to Make Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette + Video
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Pasta Salad with Tuna
- How to Make a Super Simple Vinaigrette Dressing
- How to Cook Eggstra Perfect Egg Salad