Don’t know about you, but cucumbers are one of my favorite vegetables.
If you’re wondering what we’re doing with our last 3 cucumbers of the season, then read on, for these 3 Unique Recipes for Cucumbers may just be that something different you’ve been looking for.
I love cucumbers raw, but did you know that you can cook them up and they’re tasty that way too? Sure enough…
Enjoy them as a warm side dish.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1-2 tsp butter
- salt & pepper
- In a frying pan, heat butter and sautee cucumbers on medium heat until fork tender.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
Serve alongside fish, seafood or chicken, and foods of a spicy nature, such as South Asian dishes, for a great combination.
Also, in our family, we are quite fond of sour cream, and this recipe combines cucumber with the tang of sour cream.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sour cream
- 6 oz cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp scallions – chopped
- 1 tsp parsley – chopped
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Partially peel, one strip, leaving a strip of skin, peeling a strip, and so on.
- Slice cucumbers into medallions.
- Mix cottage cheese & sour cream with scallions and 3/4 of the cucumber slices.
- Pile in the center of a serving bowl.
- Use the rest of the cucumber slices to arrange around the edge of the bowl.
- Season salad with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper, to taste, and sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
A very beautiful presentation, and it tastes so good.
Cucumber & Nasturtium Salad:
Kimberly made this gorgeous cucumber & nasturtium salad with the gorgeous flowers of the plant.
Our harvest of nasturtium this year was phenomenal, and we’ve been having a lot of fun cooking with the different parts of the plant. Simply stunning & ever so tasty.
You’ll love this one, and it’s just so exquisite to look at.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy these Cucumber Recipes on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Cottage Cucumber Salad
- How to Make Cucumber & Nasturtium Flower Salad + Video
- How to Make Cucumber Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Cook Sauteed Cucumbers
- How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad: Father’s Day Flavor