Ontario Cucumbers are in season at Harvest Barn Country Markets!
You can be satisfied that you will find them to be clean, fresh, bright green, crisp, ripe to perfection and outstandingly delicious.
Not only that, they have the option of #3 or #4 pickles, which means 3 inch or 4 inch, respectively. These measurements are used more so by people making pickled cucumbers, who prefer a certain size when canning.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
These cucumbers come from my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is one of their two locations in southern Ontario, with the other location being in St. Catharines.
Harvest Barn Country Markets try, as much as possible, to bring in produce to their market sites, from within a 100 mile radius, thus reducing transportation time and distance for the produce for their customers. The produce is fresher, optimally ripe and less likely to be bruised or damaged during transportation.
When you go into their markets, you can see for yourself how fresh and beautiful their produce is, and so appealingly displayed. They also offer a wide variety of freshly baked goods, fresh dairy products, cured meats, preserves, jams, jellies and sauces, and they have a fresh food bar where you can get freshly prepared soups, sandwiches, salads and many other items, for your convenience.
- How to Can Mom’s Dill Pickles
- Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing
- Cucumber & Apple Salad
- Cucumber Lemon Ginger Detox Water
- Cucumber & Nasturtium Flower Salad
Do make a point of stopping in at your local Harvest Barn Country Market and bring home something wonderful for your family table.
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Baby Kale at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Lettuce at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Sweet Cherries at Harvest Barn Country Markets