This is a twist on a classic favorite with a tropical island splash! Enjoy…
- 1/2 loaf of Kimberly’s Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine – 1″ cubes
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 cups Half & Half Cream
- 1/4 cup Malibu Rum – or Spiced Rum
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1 ripe Banana – Sliced
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Ginger
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar – Packed
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup toasted Coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped Dried Mango
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins – Optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients other than bread and banana slices. Whisk everything together.
- Cube bread into 1″ pieces and add to bowl as well as sliced bananas. Gently stir with wooden spoon until bread is completely coated with wet mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes up to 2 hrs in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish (approximately 9″ x 13″).
- Bake in oven for 1 hr on center rack or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with ice cream or with Kimberly’s Easy Coconut Cream Sauce.
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Baking dishes are a Kitchen Necessity – Get one that is multi-purpose for baking desserts, casseroles and roasting:
[tags]island bread pudding recipe, bread pudding, dessert recipe, bread recipe, coconut cream sauce, island bread tropcial, coconut recipe, banana recipe, bread pudding recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Sweet Potato Chai Bread Pudding
- How to Make Banana Rum Pudding with Toasted Coconut
- How to Bake Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine