My first thought always leans towards banana bread, but that can get boring, right? WRONG!
Try experimenting with delicious flavors that will kick your mouth into gear with your new recipe! Try making peanut butter banana bread, chocolate banana bread, or a tropical twist banana bread like I’ve done here.
Now, I’ve made Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine before, but this is a different twist on the ingredients. Try it out…I know you’ll like it!
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 bananas – ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg – large
- 1 tbsp coconut oil – You may use butter.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger – or 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup creamed coconut – not milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- 5 dashes cayenne or chili powder – optional for some kick
* I actually threw in about a handful of dried cranberries with this loaf, simply because I had them hanging around, and they will provide a nice, little pop of color when slicing the bread.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients, yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
I hope you enjoyed this Bread Machine Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]gingered coconut banana bread for the bread machine, banana bread for bread machine, banana bread machine, banana recipe, coconut banana bread, banana bread recipe, banana bread, bread machine recipe, sweet bread recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine