Who doesn’t love tapioca pudding? It’s one of the most comforting treats that is reminiscent of your childhood. It’s true food for the soul…
Now that we’re all grown up and we’re looking for some adventure and that “je ne sais quoi“, try this stellar recipe and launch your tapioca into another universe of flavor.
Rosewater Tapioca Pudding:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve With: After-dinner beverages
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract – Please use real vanilla extract instead of artificial.
- 2 tbsp food-grade rosewater
- Stir milk, tapioca, sugar and salt together in a medium sauce pan.
- Over a medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into a bowl with the beaten eggs a few tablespoons at a time to temper the eggs – this way when the eggs are added, they don’t turn into “scrambled eggs” in your pudding, which would not be what you’re looking for.
- Stir the egg mixture into the pudding in the saucepan until it’s well incorporated.
- Bring the tapioca pudding back up to a gentle simmer stirring it for a few minutes. At this point, the pudding should coat the back of a metal spoon.
- At this point, remove the sauce pan from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract and the rosewater.
- Pour pudding into dishes and serve either hot or refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold. Pudding will set and become more firm as it cools.
FYI: Lavender works well too!
Let us know how you enjoy this recipe for Rosewater Tapioca Pudding!
- How to Make Banana Rum Pudding with Toasted Coconut
- Decadent National Caramel Custard Day Recipe
- How to Make Lavender Tapioca Pudding + Video
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day a Hit with Creamy Recipe
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!