You can’t buy toasted coconut…it’s something you must do at home, but it is a very simple process that only takes a few minutes, with quick & easy clean-up.
Toasting your coconut really enhances the flavors and gives the coconut some lovely crunchy texture when you eat it. It’s well worth the small effort to make your food all it should be!
Type: Cooking How-To
Serve With: as a dessert topping or with tropical seafood
Cook Time: 4-5 min
- shredded coconut – You may use sweetened or unsweetened
* Tip: Use as much as your recipe calls for, or to top individual desserts, use about 1 tbsp of coconut each.
- In a small to medium sized frying pan, heat on medium-high.
- Add coconut to dry pan and spread around evenly by shifting the pan vigorously. * Tip: Monitor the coconut the entire time it’s toasting, as it doesn’t take very long to go from barely toasted to burnt.
- About every 10-20 seconds, shift coconut around in pan; flipping it by tossing is the ideal way to accomplish this.
- Keep close eye on the coconut once it starts to brown, as the process won’t take long from there. Continue toasting until it’s browned, not too brown or it will taste burnt.
- Top your desserts or you may even sprinkle it on seafood served with a tropical Pina Colada sauce.
I hope you enjoyed this Coconut Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Grab some Organic Unsweetened Coconut here:
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Island Bread Pudding Recipe
- How to Cook Vegan Breakfast: Gingered Coconut Banana Eggless Pancakes
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- How to Make Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
- How to Make Easy Coconut Cream Sauce for Dessert