What could be better in these cold, Autumn days than the warm spiciness of a Pumpkin Cheesecake?
How to Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake:
The batter must be well mixed, but not over beaten. This cheesecake maintains a creamy texture, as we are using cream cheese rather than ricotta or curd style cheese.
The cheesecake is removed from the oven when it’s still jiggly.
Type: Cake Recipe
Serve with: whipped cream
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 40 – 52 min
Cool Time: 2 hrs
Refrigerator Time: 5 – 24 hrs
Yields: 10 servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 3/4 cup + 1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg – grated or ground
- 1 lb or two 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup pumpkin – canned or pureed
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a pan of hot water in the oven to put moisture into the oven air.
- Coat the bottom & sides of a spring-form pan with butter.
- Prepare a graham cracker pie crust. Bake it & cool it.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger & nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth – about 1 min.
- Gradually, add sugar mixture & beat until smooth.
- One at a time, add 2 large eggs & 2 egg yolks.
- Add & barely mix in canned pumpkin.
- Pour & scrape batter onto the crust, smoothing out the top.
- Bake for 25 min at 350 degrees F.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees F, and bake until the edges puff, but the center is jiggly when the pan is tapped – about 10 – 20 min. * Tip: Keep your eye on it, so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven.
- Mix together, sour cream, lite brown sugar & vanilla extract.
- Smooth the sugar mixture on the top of the hot cake. Then, return it to the oven for 5 – 7 min.
- Remove the pan to a rack to cool with a lid or bowl to cover the cake for slow cooling.
- Completely cool the cheesecake before unmolding.
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 5 – 6 hrs, preferably 20 – 24 hrs before serving.
Serve this Pumpkin Cheesecake with or without whipped cream.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie: National Pumpkin Day
- How to Bake Cheesecake
- A National Apple Betty Day Recipe
- How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake + Video
- How to Bake Indian Pudding: National Indian Pudding Day