Try this really quick, really easy & really healthy side dish recipe for Broccoli in a Bamboo Steamer!
We have been harvesting broccoli from our kitchen garden for at least a month now. What a joy to grow this vegetable.
Review Video: Ontario Broccoli at Harvest Barn Country Markets
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 large broccoli – stalk peeled, with bottom end removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Wash broccoli. Remove the florets from the stalk and slice the stalk in half lengthwise. Chop the stalk into bite sized chunks and separate the florets from each other, keeping a little portion of the stalk attached to each floret.
- Have ready, a medium or large sized sauce pan or wok, containing boiling water, holding a bamboo steamer set with a lid on top.
- Arrange a single layer of broccoli in the top tier of the bamboo steamer set, and cover with the lid, allowing the broccoli to steam. Cook for about 8 – 10 min, until just tender. Test for doneness with a sharp knife, beginning at the 5 or 6 minute mark. If necessary, steam for a few minutes longer.
- When steamed to your taste, transfer broccoli to a serving plate, and melt butter over the hot broccoli, as desired. Add salt & pepper to taste and serve.
What a great way to prepare broccoli – so simple and tasty!
For more broccoli recipe cooking shows, check out my playlist:
Playlist: Broccoli Recipes & Reviews
Broccoli in a bamboo steamer is a recipe you will use over & over again.
- How to Cook Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer + Video
- How to Use a Bamboo Steamer
- How to BBQ Broccoli with Lemon Wedges + Video
- How to Cook Oysters on the Half Shell in a Bamboo Steamer
- How to Make Roasted Broccoli & Blue Potato Salad with Warm Vinaigrette + Video