This recipe for How to Grill Broccoli with Lemon Wedges is so quick & easy, as well as being tasty & full of nutrients.
This is a side dish that is easily prepared while your main dish is cooking.
The broccoli is blanched & shocked, seasoned & thrown on the grill for a stupendous addition to any plate, healthy & all!
How to BBQ Broccoli with Lemon Wedges:
If you’ve never thought of grilling citrus, you’re surely missing out. Just as other foods benefit from the flavor of smoke & char, so do lemons, limes, oranges, even grapefruit. The grill develops their sweetness and it’s a new way to enjoy the same fruit.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Shock Time: 5 – 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 head of broccoli with stalk
- 1/2 lemon – cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar – I used Vilux White Balsamic Vinegar.
- olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper – to taste
- smoked Cyprus sea salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Smoked Cyprus Sea Salt.
- Using a peeler, peel the stalk of the broccoli and cut the very end off, leaving the main part of the stalk intact.
- Remove as much of the end of the stalk as needed to be able to place the entire broccoli stalk into your selected sauce pan. Cut the broccoli stalk in half lengthwise.
- Have ready, a medium sized sauce pan with about 3 – 4 inches of salted, boiling water in it.
- Place both halves of the broccoli stalk into the salted, boiling water and blanch for 3 min. Remove sauce pan from stove and drain water out of sauce pan.
- Have ready, a large bowl of ice water. Immediately, plunge broccoli stalks into the ice water and leave them there for about 5 – 10 min, to stop the cooking process and retain the nice green color. Remove broccoli from ice water and shake out the water from the florets.
- Into a large mixing bowl, pour balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and dip the broccoli tops into the mixture, stirring them around to coat the tops and then do the same with the stalks and place them back into the mixing bowl along with the lemon wedges.
- Sprinkle smoked sea salt and pepper, distributing them over the broccoli stalks and tops. Then, off to the outdoor grill.
- Place flat side of broccoli stalks on your preheated grill that has been coated with cooking spray, on direct medium heat, and allow grill marks to form. Do the same with the lemon wedges. Then, flip them all over, and do the same with the other side.
- The stalks of broccoli will now be tender and ready to transfer to a tray along with the lemon wedges.
- Slice the broccoli stalks lengthwise, into serving pieces.
Place all broccoli stalks on a serving tray, or individual plates, and enjoy this fantastic side dish of Grilled Broccoli with Lemon Wedges.
- How to Cook Broccoli in a Bamboo Steamer + Video
- How to Cook BBQ Smoked Paprika Canadian Fries: Canada Day Cookout
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Broccoli at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Make Roasted Broccoli & Blue Potato Salad with Warm Vinaigrette + Video
- How to Cook Southern Greens