Brandied Apricots will warm you heart & soul this Winter season.
A great way to flambé fruit, enjoy the fruit by itself, the flavored brandy by itself, or together on top of ice cream.
How to Brandy Apricots:
Brandy & apricots is such a nice combination to enjoy.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: ice cream, if desired
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Age Time: 6 – 9 weeks
Serves: 1 lb of apricots yields 1 pint
- 1 lb apricots – firm, ripe, washed, peeled, halved & pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp brandy per jar prepared
- Wash, peel, half & pit apricots
- Add to a saucepan with sugar & water.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for until apricots are tender.
- With slotted spoon, pack apricots into hot jars allowing 1/2 inch head space.
- To each pint jar of apricots, add 5 tbsp brandy, or to cover fruit.
- Place lids on jars and process in a canner for 15 – 18 min.
- Remove & store in a dark, cool location with each jar wrapped in brown paper or a brown paper bag.
- Allow to stand for 6 – 9 weeks before serving.
Now, that’s how you make Brandied Apricots!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Apricot Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Brandy Peaches: National Brandied Fruit Day
- How to Make Brandied Cherries
- How to Can Rhubarb
- How to Make & Can Rhubarb Chutney
- How to Make & Can Rhubarb Juice