How about sipping on some cherry brandy for an after dinner liqueur?
How to Brandy Cherries:
The cherries don’t need to be processed with a canner to preserve them. You simply skip that step and go straight to aging the jar of cherries.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: ice cream, if desired
Prep Time: 14 min
Cook Time: 12 – 14 min
Age Time: 6 – 9 weeks
Serves: 1 lb of cherries yields 1 pint
- 1 lb cherries – washed; removing stems, or leaving 1/2 inch of stem on each
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp brandy per jar prepared
- Either remove stems or cut them to 1/2 inch on each cherry.
- Add to a saucepan with sugar & water.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for until cherries are tender.
- With slotted spoon, pack cherries into hot jars allowing 1/2 inch head space.
- To each pint jar of cherries, add 5 tbsp brandy, or enough to cover fruit.
- Wrap jars in brown paper or a brown bag.
- Store in a dark, cool location for 6 – 9 weeks before serving.
Brandied cherries are such a beautiful accompaniment to a savory dinner.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cherry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Brandied Apricots
- How to Brandy Peaches: National Brandied Fruit Day
- National Cherries Jubilee Day Deserves a Flambéed Recipe
- How to Cook Mincemeat for the Holidays
- How to Make Cherry Brandy n’ Coke