National Brandied Fruit Day is October 20th, and we are celebrating with a Brandied Peaches recipe that will perfect for your Holiday entertaining.
Fruits preserved in spirits or brandy prevent the fruit from breaking down or decaying, something like vinegar does.
The syrup is strained into a bottle or seal-able carafe, and can be used to impart flavor to fruits or sipped as a cordial or liqueur.
Eau-de-vie or brandy, is quite traditional in Europe.
How to Make Brandied Peaches:
If you want them ready for Christmas time, prepare your brandied fruit today!
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: ice cream, if desired
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Age Time: 6 – 9 weeks
Serves: 1 lb of peaches yields 1 pint
- 1 lb whole peaches – firm, ripe, washed, peeled, halved & pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp brandy per jar made
- Wash, peel, half & pit peaches.
- Add to a saucepan with sugar & water.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 min.
- With slotted spoon, pack peaches into hot jars allowing 1/2 inch head space.
- To each pint jar of peaches, add 5 tbsp brandy.
- Place lids on jars and process in a canner for 15 – 18 min.
- Remove & store in a dark, cool location with each jar wrapped in brown paper or a brown paper bag.
- Allow to stand for 6 – 9 weeks before serving.
National Brandied Fruit Day is so much better now.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Alcohol Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Brandied Cherries
- How to Cook Brandied Apricots
- How to Make Prailines: National Prailines Day
- National Cherries Jubilee Day Deserves a Flambéed Recipe
- How to Pickle Hot Peppers: National Pickled Peppers Month