I am venturing out into the patchy Winter/Spring weather here…super cold & wet, but we’re going to BBQ on the grill! We are beasts!!!
So, we are going to get that smokey, charred flavor from the grill on some chicken & veggies with some amazing flavor to boot!
Not only that, we are using a really innovative cooking product I’ve been privy to try from Mutt Shop Products – their Side Skewer Centerpiece Set. It looks like a crazy porcupine of stainless steel, until you fill it with Mole Chicken and Vegetable deliciousness.
And, our ears are being treated to She King‘s newest single, “Mirror Me“!
Let’s do this…
Flavor waits for no one! ~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: rice or noodles on the side
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8-10 min
Yield: 5 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 3 chicken breasts – 2″ cube
- 10-12 pieces green peppers – 2″ square chunks
- 10-12 button mushrooms
- 5 zucchini medallions – sliced into 1-1.5″ thick
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 pineapple chunks – 2″ square
- 3/4 cup mole sauce/marinade
- 1/3 tsp sweet smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata brand.
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 2″ cubes. * Tip: Thoroughly wash your hands with soap & water, and clean all surfaces that have touched the raw chicken. Disinfect surfaces.
- In a large bowl, baking dish or large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken breasts with mole sauce/marinade, and a portion of each of the spices. * Tip: Ideally, marinate overnight, prior to cooking.
- Slice & chop vegetables & fruit into appropriate sized pieces – roughly 2″ wide or thick.
- Arrange ingredients neatly by stacking them on the side skewers, available from MuttShopProducts.com, alternating vegetables/fruit & chicken. * Tip: Do not coat skewers with non-stick spray or oil. This will help the ingredients to stick on the skewers more securely.
- Season with sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, and any other spices you desire! * Tip: Be willing to experiment.
- Transport side skewers on a cookie sheet to the BBQ grill, preheated on high heat. Place each skewer directly on the grill laid next to each other.
- Grill 3-5 minutes per side, leaving great grill marks. * Tip: If skewers are sticking to the grate of the BBQ, leave them an additional 1-2 minutes to allow them to finish cooking and they should typically unstick themselves naturally.
- Transport cooked skewers on a clean cookie sheet and assemble side skewer centerpiece set by adding skewers to the centerpiece holder. * Tip: Keep clean cookie sheet on the half of the BBQ you are not using to grill without the burners on, to keep the skewers warm once removed when transporting to the eating area, especially in cold weather.
- Serve with a delicious side dish.
The Mutt Shop Products Side Skewer Centerpiece Set is super easy to use, employs very clever ideas into the design to make life easier for the real-life cook, and is completely dishwasher safe! Oh yeah…
Super duper tasty and worth the Adventure!
I hope you enjoy this Cooking Show on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Web Chef Review: Side Skewer Center Piece Set from Mutt Shop Products
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video
- How to BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Cook Shrimp Kebabs
- How to Bake Savory Mole Breakfast Bread Pudding (Mole Man-Quiche)